NEFCU Visa Debit and Credit Cards are now available on Apple, Android, and Samsung Pay – digital wallet services that allow you to make Debit and Credit Card payments quickly and securely with just the touch of a button, never sharing your payment information with a vendor.
- Apple: iPhone 6, 6 Plus and later, Apple Watch-compatible devices (paired with iPhone 5 and later models), iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, iPad Mini 3, and later.
- Android: KitKat 4.4 Operating System or higher
- Samsung: Galaxy Note5; S6 – including Active/edge/edge+; S7 – including Active/edge
Apple Pay™ is a mobile payment and digital wallet service that lets you make Debit and Credit Card payments securely using the iPhone 6, 6 Plus and later, Apple Watch-compatible devices (paired with iPhone 5 and later models), iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, iPad Mini 3, and later.
Benefits of Using Apple Pay
- Simple to use
- Works with both your NEFCU Debit and Credit Cards
- Card details are never shared or stored, so it’s a safer and more private way to pay
- Your Debit or Credit Card numbers are never sent to merchants
- Apple Pay assigns a unique number for each purchase, so your payments stay private and secure
Don’t have a NEFCU credit card? Click here to learn more.
Android & Samsung Pay
Android & Samsung Pay are accepted virtually anywhere you can swipe or tap your card. Just like Apple Pay, Android & Samsung Pay can be used at terminals that are equipped with NFC (Near Filed Communication) technology, which supports the communication between the point of sale terminal and the mobile device. Simply open the wallet app on your mobile device, hold it over the card reader, and tap your finger to complete a transaction
The Samsung Pay Difference
Unlike Apple & Android Pay, Samsung Pay also works with almost all other magnetic stripe terminals as well. These older systems are widely deployed throughout retailers in the US. Samsung Pay uses magnetic secure transmission (MST) when the phone is held against one of these registers. The phone emits a magnetic signal that simulates the magnetic strip found on the back of a credit or debit card.
To add your NEFCU Visa card to your Android device, follow these steps.
To add your NEFCU Visa card to your Samsung device, follow these steps.